Quote (for now):

EVERYTHING is interesting... as long as you pay attention :}

Friday, July 16, 2010

Tatang

The first subject I am going to show you is a person that is very important to me. He has been there for as long as I can remember and was always there for my famlily. I am so grateful that I get to meet him and spend time with him because other people don't get to meet theirs.
He is my Grandfather.


I chose to show him first because when I got home, I found out something horrible that happened to him. When I last saw him, i found out that he has Dementia. "Dementia (meaning "deprived of mind") is a serious loss of cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person, beyond what might be expected from normal aging." (from Wikipedia xD shh!) He forgot some stuff back then but he was fine. He was as healthy as a horse! This year, when we got home, he was thin & weak. He stayed in bed 'cause he couldn't move. His face was distorted. It was so sad... :( My mom thinks he had a mild stroke but who knows? They went to the hospital to see what was happening to him. I didn't ask... I guess I was scared to know... But they got him medicine and he's getting MUCH better everyday! :D
Just today, he came over and was almost walking by himself! His face is getting better, he is eating, he's going to the toilet by himself and he even showers alone now! I can also understand him better when he talks! And he talks now and he smiles and he talks about the past just like how I remember him! I am beyond happy!


This is a moment when my sister was helping him up & he was laughing while getting up and I just COULDN'T NOT snap a shot!

- Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment